Dental Bonding in Austin
The term “bonding” refers both to the process of repairing a tooth with bonding, and to the composite resin used to do the repair.
If you have a tooth with defects such as:
- A broken edge
- Gaps between two teeth
- A cavity
- Exposed root surface, or
- Incorrect shape
Dental bonding is a way to repair them that is a more conservative alternative to having porcelain veneers.
Unless the dental bonding is being done to fill a decayed tooth, no anesthetic is usually needed. Your Austin cosmetic dentist will choose your bonding to be a shade that will match your natural teeth.
- The tooth’s surface is first roughened a little to accept the bonding, and a special conditioning fluid is applied.
- The dental bonding material is mixed by your Austin dentist and applied to the prepared tooth.
- It’s shaped and smoothed so that it corrects the problem. In the case of filling a gap between two teeth, both teeth are treated on the side bordering the gap.
- An ultraviolet, cool laser is used to harden the bonding
- Finally, the newly repaired tooth is buffed and polished.
Dental bonding is one of the easiest ways to repair smile problems. Austin dentist, Dr. Patel will evaluate your dental health and determine whether bonding is the right procedure for you.
If you’re interested in the world-class dental bonding performed in Dr. Patel’s office, please schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Patel, through our treatment coordinator.