Austin Dental Bridge Dentist
A dental bridge is a permanent replacement for one or more missing teeth. Dr. Tejas Patel of the Center of Cosmetic & General Dentistry in Austin, Texas, has extensive experience in fitting bridges.
A traditional bridge is a false or artificial tooth that is held in place by two crowns, one on each of the neighboring teeth, also called abutment teeth.
When the bridge is fitted by an experienced dentist, it will look and function just like your natural teeth.
The dental bridge procedure
A traditional bridge, the most commonly used type of dental bridge, takes at least three visits to the Austin dental bridge dentistry office.
- The neighboring teeth are prepared for the crowns, by having a thin amount of their enamel removed, to make space for those crowns
- Impressions are taken of your teeth, to be a model from which the lab will make your crowns and pontic tooth
- You’ll have a temporary bridge to wear while you wait for the lab to create your bridge.
- The temporary bridge is removed
- The new permanent bridge is placed in to ensure fit, color and contour.
- Your bite is checked to make sure the bridge will not interfere with it
- The bridge is permanently cemented in place.
Dental bridge dentist, Dr. Patel is experienced in working with porcelain bridges which are virtually indistinguishable from your other teeth
Almost anyone who has one or more missing teeth is a candidate for a dental bridge. Your cosmetic dentist will evaluate your missing teeth and determine whether a bridge is the best option or whether another treatment would be better in your case, such as dental implants or dentures.
If you’re interested in the world-class porcelain dental bridges placed in Dr. Patel’s Austin dental office, please schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Patel, through our treatment coordinator.