Instant Orthodontics in Austin
Dr. Tejas Patel at Austin Cosmetics, Texas is an expert in the use of Instant Orthodontics to help you achieve a beautiful smile.
The term “orthodontics” refers to the branch of dentistry that deals with misalignment or misplacement of teeth, and the correction of those defects, and braces have been the traditional method used.
Instant Orthodontics is a name for porcelain veneers and dental bonding, which are ways of giving your teeth a straight and even appearance without your having to wear braces. This usually can be accomplished in a few visits over the course of several weeks or months, not several years as with traditional braces.
While dental bonding is usually only used for a couple teeth, porcelain veneers can be used on all your teeth. Porcelain veneers are a wonderful solution for anybody who is unsatisfied with their smile.
Porcelain veneers can correct anything from permanent staining to crooked or misshaped teeth. If you would like to achieve a beautiful, white, straight smile, porcelain veneers can provide you with the cosmetic dentistry solution you have been looking for.
If your front teeth are a little crooked, or have small defects like chips, cracks or gaps, porcelain veneers are a quick and effective way to cover those defects. Or if your teeth are crooked, crowded or discolored….
- The veneers are matched in color to your natural teeth, and bonded permanently to the front surface of your teeth.
- They look, feel, and behave like part of your natural teeth.
- They need no extra care, beyond the brushing and flossing you should be giving your teeth in any case.
- You can be proud of your new, straight, white smile.
- The porcelain veneers can last for years with proper dental care.
An alternative to porcelain veneers is bonding, which uses a composite resin material, tooth-colored, to correct the small defects.
- The teeth are prepared by being scuffed on the surface
- The bonding is applied and molded to the required shape and size
- It’s then hardened by a laser
In this way, gaps can be filled, chips and cracks corrected, and uneven shapes made even.
If you’re interested in the world-class Instant Orthodontics performed in Dr. Patel’s office, please schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Patel, through our treatment coordinator.