At our Austin Texas offices, we offer a wide range of general and routine dental services, including tooth extractions.
Tooth extractions are often recommended for the following reasons:
- A tooth has been broken and there is not enough tooth left to be saved
- There is infection in or around a tooth
- There is severe bone loss and infection of the gums around the tooth
- The infected tooth has caused an abscess or severe swelling
- The tooth is too weak to hold a crown
- The tooth or crown broke off at or below the gum level
- There is severe decay in tooth that there isn’t enough tooth left to work with
- There is severe pain within a tooth
- Wisdom teeth with not enough room or that are causing problems
Sometimes needing a tooth extraction is a result of a dental emergency. If you are having a dental emergency, please contact our office and we will try and see you that same day to help you get to feeling better.
If a tooth needs to be extracted and should be replaced long term, it can be replaced with a removable denture, partial denture, dental bridge, dental implant, or Snap on Smile.
Please contact our Lakeway Dental Office or our Downtown Dental Office if you have questions about Tooth Extractions.