Tooth Implants Austin
Are you missing one or several teeth? Do dentures, partials, or bridges not seem like the right option for you? Within the past decade, the technology and the methods of fabricating artificial teeth, also known as tooth implants, have revolutionized the way that dental patients can receive the care that they need. General dentistry has continued to advance, and provide new opportunities for those who are missing teeth, or who have damaged teeth; implants are a strong sign of that progress.
A tooth implant is a replacement for a severely damaged or missing tooth. It can be placed in any spot where you may have a missing tooth, and can be modeled to match both the look and color of your natural teeth. The implant itself is inserted into the jaw, and securely anchored with a titanium screw. The entire process will yield teeth that not only look natural, but feel natural to eat, chew, and drink with. Because of the extensive work involved in both the placement and modeling of the tooth, only an experienced dentist, like Dr. Patel, should be trusted to handle the procedure.
Assessing Your Situation
Dental implants aren’t right for everyone, but for a majority of those who are missing teeth, they can be one of the single most effective and successful solutions available in dentistry. During your initial consultation with Dr. Tejas Patel Austin Texas, he will examine the current state of your dental health, review your dental history, and assess the site where the implant would be placed.
If you are considered to be a candidate for an implant procedure, Dr. Patel will then review the process of the teeth implant placement:
- First, the site where the implant will be placed must be prepared. If you have recently had a tooth extracted, you may need less preparation performed for this part.
- Next, a titanium screw will be carefully placed in the jaw. This screw will act as the post that will hold the artificial tooth in place.
- The abutment will then be placed onto the implant, which will be set above the gum level. A crown will then be added over the abutment, to provide the final result: a natural looking tooth.
Because tooth implants are a serious procedure, it’s important to consider both the time required to heal from having an implant placed, and the care that will be needed after the procedure has been performed.
- Missing teeth can lead to bone loss within the jaw due to a lack of stimulation from teeth which are missing. A implant will stop that bone loss from happening, and could lead to a much healthier jaw structure as you grow older.
- Dental implants can be used to replace teeth in both the front and back of the mouth; this may be very important for those who are embarrassed about missing teeth in the front, or who eat uncomfortably due to a missing molar in the back of the mouth.
- The titanium that is used in the implant process is chosen because it has a much higher success rate of grafting with your natural bone structure. That means that your body will accept and heal over the implant, allowing for a much firmer hold and a much more comfortable feeling once it has completely settled in.
- Unlike bridges, partials, and dentures, dental implants look and feel natural to both you and other people. You won’t have to worry about problems like friction between your gums and a denture or partial, or about your implant becoming loose; the entire placement and securing process ensures that your implant will actually be just as, if not more secure than your natural teeth would be.
Costs and Other Considerations
Before you can be sure if teeth implants are right for you, it’s a good idea to schedule a consultation with Austin Cosmetic in Austin TX. Our staff will be more than happy to review the advantages of the teeth implant procedure, as well as the costs that are involved. Bear in mind that a tooth implant may cost several thousand dollars, depending on what your insurance will cover.
The entire procedure is an investment of both time and money, but the results are simply incredible. As dental technology and medicine moves forward, products like implants continue to provide more and more patients with exciting new ways to restore their smile, regain their confidence, and change their quality of life.
The cost of a single Dental Implant or tooth implant ranges from $3500- $5000. Generally this price range covers the cost of the Dental Implant, Abutment and Final Crown. This price does not include what insurance could cover and give benefits for as each person’s insurance plan is unique..
Dr. Patel and the staff at our Austin, TX office would love to provide you with a no-pressure consultation, and an examination to determine if tooth implants are right for you